Friday, October 01, 2010

Olympiad Round 9 - Updates

I am too tired to kept myself with the games tonight, so i said to myself i got to have a couple of hours of sleep. And I did. When i woke up the first thing to see the result of the ladies.

And yeay! though we lost to the Netherlands (with much, i mean much much higher rated than us) that fielded their first board with a full GM!, we still put up a fight! Proud of them! Although Alia and Nabila lost, but the seniors - Nurul Huda and Roslina drew with the WIM! which gave us 1-3 against Netherlands. Good job! For Alia - you still have 2 more rounds to go for the shot at WIM norm!

While, for the guys - its a different story. Mok drew and Peter won his game which gives us 1.5 - 2.5 against Andorra. Our IM Mas lost to a GM and also Tan Khai Boon.

There are still 2 more rounds to go - so all players, give it all out ok? I know you can do much better! I always have faith in the Malaysian team, and I believe so much in it!

No comments: