Friday, June 12, 2009

Ole-Ole Shah Alam Chess Open 13 June 2009

Tomorrow is the Ole-Ole Shah Alam Chess Open. I will be there to do the coverage for the event. All in support for one of our PCWM members, also our team Kapitan for the DATCC Chess League game, Pn Roslina Marmono.

So, if anyone of you will be playing, I'll meet you guys there!

Penang Heritage Open is still ongoing, at the moments as at round 5, IM Mas on board 1 playing against the GM Gerhard. I think Mas will pull this one through coz Mas is known to beat others famous GM in his career, among the famous is, GM Victor Korchnoi. And besides like I said, the GM's rating is not intimidating at all, although true, once a GM is forever a GM!

On board 2, the battle of FM Mok and NM Ronnie. Top 2 boards, all scored 3.5/4 games so far. NM Ronnie is the one that held the GM to a draw in round 2. Others behind are with 3 points are : Sumant Subramniam, Ismail Ahmad, Loo Swee Leong and Wong Hao. To find out about the results dont forget to click link gilachess blog for the updates of each rounds.

I'll do the updates later when I get back from Shah Alam.

No comments: