Saturday, August 29, 2009

DATMO 2009 - The FInal




Here are the result of DATMO 2009 which had just concluded with the closing ceremony today at 6pm. (click the image for larger view). It was an interesting fact to find new comer to the DATMO to win this year! And having GM Negi as a last minute entry, was infact a worth one week leave I took for DATMO, not for taking part in the event as a player, but being an arbiter here, is enough for me. Though he started off quite slow but eventually he proves to all spectators that came to Cititel to watch the game, that he is after all a GM and was once one of the world youngest GM!

In the last round as predicted he won against Emmanuel Senador, who after DATMO get his first GM norm. I met with Negi during the Merdeka Age Group, and I find him to be a pleasant guy to talk with, and the father is so friendly in sharing info with me on how his talent was early detected. I think Hairulov did the interview with Negi, and instead of the readers reading it from me, I would allow Hairul to publish the interview there (cant wait for that) I will upload more stories and pic later, but for now I leave you with the pic taken below :-))

No comments: