Monday, November 19, 2007

International Women and sports Conference 2007

On 30 & 31st oct 2007, I went to Berjaya Times Square and convention centre for the International women and sports conference 2007. I represented Malaysian Chess Federation for the event, together with Sufiah, zuraiha, Latifah and Esther.

There were approximately 300 delegates at the event, most of Malaysians women, representing various walks of life especially in sports. Others were delegates from Arabs countries, Bangladesh, India, Algeria, etc. We have speakers from Brazil, USA, UK, Australia and Europe.

It was a very interesting event, and it opened m y eyes to things that relates to women.

How many women involves in sports and later on turn to coaching after retire.. I think I am the few of those women. How many of us really care about sexual harassment? Or even self defense?

Hmm.... things to think about, right?

I'll post the pictures from the event soon!

No comments: